A heat and hearty stew full of chunks of buffalo meat, vegetables, potatoes, corn and peas that may fill you up and keep you happy!
Directions for: Buffalo Beef Stew
- ¼ cup canola oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 lb. buffalo stew meat, cubed
- 1 splash red wine
- 2 onions, chunky slices
- 2 clove garlic, diced
- 4 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp steak spice
- a few sprigs fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced chunky
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cup corn
- 2 cup peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a large pan, heat, oil and, butter.
- Add the buffalo meat and brown the meat on all sides.
- Add a splash of red wine, onions, garlic and cook till translucent.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, steak spice, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery, corn and peas.
- Continue to simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 1-2 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- To thicken the stew, shake 1 part flour to 1 part cold water in a covered shaker. Add slowly into the buffalo stew until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve with fresh hot baked bannock or buns of your choice!