[Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake Pastry by Chef Melissa Buiskool-Leeuwma of Baked Expectations]
Start this creative project by baking your favorite chocolate cake, making enough to produce 3-9? rounds. Meat
- 4 1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 Tbsp strawberry preserves or strawberry jam
- 4 whole strawberries for garnish
- 20 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on high speed to beat cream and icing sugar together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat strawberries and preserves together on medium speed for about 1 min.
- Using a spatula, gently fold berries into whipped cream mixture.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate over low heat.
- Cut 2 sheets of parchment paper, making sure the sheets are long enough to easily wrap around the chocolate cake, while leaving a bit of overlap.
- Lay parchment sheets on bottom of 2 cookie sheets and spread chocolate on both sheets. Tap sheets gently on counter to spread evenly.
- Chill in fridge until chocolate hardens. Frozen meat exporters
- Preheat oven to 250?F.
- Spread 1/3 of the strawberry mousse on bottom layer of chocolate cake round.
- Place second chocolate layer on top. Spread with 1/3 of the mousse.
- Top with final layer.
- Remove 1 chocolate sheet from fridge and flash heat in the oven for 3 to 5 secs.
- Carefully lift warm chocolate from cookie sheet and wrap around assembled cake and mousse layers.
- Place cake in fridge until chocolate hardens and then remove parchment paper.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with remaining chocolate sheet.
- Top cake with remaining mousse and decorate with strawberries. Buffalo meat